Saturday, December 17, 2011, 12:00 AM - 12:00 AM
UPDATE: See below for dates/times to drop off your donations.
Adopt a Family in Need for Christmas!
On December 17th, the friars will be delivering food, clothing, and gifts to over 70 needy families in Albuquerque. Please consider adopting these families by providing them with clothing and Christmas presents. Once you submit the adoption form linked below, you will be emailed specific family details and adoption instructions.
Sign up here to adopt or donate!
NOTE: the list of items that adopters should provide has been modified this year.
Donors are asked to provide the following for each member of their adoptive families:
- a minimum of 1 new clothing item (specific items requested by each family will be emailed to you upon adoption)
- a gift for each child (please include batteries with battery-operated toys; please wrap and label gifts with kids' names and family code)
- gifts for adults are also welcome (please wrap and label gifts with adults' names and family code)
DONATING INDIVIDUAL ITEMS
Can't adopt an entire family? Donate individual items
to the friars, who will distribute the items as appropriate.
- money and/or giftcards are also acceptable but are not required
- toys (please include batteries with battery-operated toys; please wrap gifts, and mark them with gender and age [e.g., girl, 8 to 11 years old; boy, infant; boy or girl, 1 to 2 years old])
- new clothing, all sizes (coats & winter gear, socks, underwear, hats, mittens/gloves)
Food Donation Suggestions
- gift cards/monetary donations (for the friars to purchase last-minute needed items)
Dropping Off Your Donations
- pork (for carne adovada or tamales)
- dried red chile pods
- tamale wrappers
- raw rice
- dried beans
- potatoes, onions, & garlic
- other vegetables (fresh or canned)
- fruit (fresh or canned)
- staples (flour, sugar, oil, salt, pepper, herbs, spices, bouillon, etc.)
- pastries and other treats (especially for children)
- other Christmas-type food from both Anglo and Hispanic traditions
Your provisions must be dropped off at the friary (NE corner of San Mateo & Copper) by the 16th so that the items can be sorted and checked off the list. You may drop them off Tuesday the 13th through Friday the 16th between the hours of 10 AM-4 PM and 7 PM-9 PM. If these dates/times do not work for you, please call the friary (505-990-3001) to set up an alternative drop off appointment.
If you would like to accompany us on the 17th, you may bring your donations to the event on Saturday instead of dropping them off at the friary in advance.
For more information, call
Maureen at 816-522-7923 or
Event Information for Saturday the 17th
The giveaway will occur on Pajarito Mesa in southwest Albuquerque. If you are joining us for the event, please bring your donations to the mesa by noon and dress warmly. Directions are as follows:
From the intersection of Coors Blvd and Rio Bravo Blvd, travel south on Coors, pass Gun Club Rd, pass Don Felipe Rd, and turn right (west) onto Pajarito Rd (all major intersections). Drive straight until you see the water tank and large community center. It is the only building out there. If you have any trouble finding the mesa, call
Maureen at 816-522-7923